Thursday, September 10, 2009

GREAT RECIPE FOR FREEZING CORN

How quickly time goes! I did not realize how long it's been since I've posted anything here! What with summer camping, 3 or 4 short trips and a myriad of other things, time does get away!

One of my little projects this summer was to freeze corn. My hubby shucked 75 ears one afternoon, and I cut the kernels off of 60 of those ears! This recipe is so delicious! Out of 60 ears, I got about 12 freezer bags, each filled with 2 or 3 cups of cooked corn.

8 cups of raw corn cut off the cob
1 cup half & half
1 stick margarine
2 Tbs sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt

I doubled this recipe, completed it, then started over again with another double batch.

Mix and bring to boil, continue boiling and stirring constantly for 5 minutes. (Be sure to stir as it can easily burn) Cool by placing pan into sink filled with ice water. Bag and freeze. To serve, place bag in hot water until it loosens, than dump corn into a pan and heat thoroughly. Enjoy!

No comments: