Thursday, September 10, 2009

SOME PICS AND A BIT OF THIS AND THAT




I love making a few changes in my home here and there...rearrange nic-nacs, a little paint, a new pillow...nothing too major (yet!) Wait till next Spring, though...have BIG plans for the kitchen. So as you can see by the pictures above, my fireplace mantel is now black and I love it! It used to be a glaring white that just didn't compliment the look I was going for. My hubby also phoned me about a great buy on a wicker trunk, so moved out the footstool and in with the trunk. He also phoned me about a VERY great buy on a wicker rocker. That just didn't go with my living room (actually, no room for it as you can see!), so moved it into the bedroom and it makes for a cozy corner for reading and Bible study. My desk is just to the right of it. Very nice.

I moved a bedroom lamp to an end table in the living room, purchased another table lamp on sale, bought a "boat basket", placed it on its side on the mantel, bought a few silk flowers, snipped and arranged, added some candles and voila...it has a totally new look.

In the kitchen, I purchased an old tray, probably from the '50s, and placed my folded cloth napkins on it. Have had trouble with my computer "freezing up" tonight, so don't know if I can get anymore pictures on at this time. Will try.

We'll be camping, doing some traveling and helping with a wedding between now and mid-October, so probably won't be writing until then. I do have some subjects (surprise!) that I very much want to share thoughts on, so hope you'll check back!

No comments: