Sunday, July 31, 2011

NEW STUFF...









I am loving my life! The list as to why is so long! At the same time, missing family and old friends a lot, too! There is some family and old friends here that we enjoy very much...a small luncheon gathering of 5 women friends, baseball games nearly weekly with a former grade-school classmate and her husband with whom we also enjoy other activities, an upcoming fishing trip week after next, lunching with my cousin and working together on a new flower arrangement for our living room,, then other things like keeping house as best I can because my husband loves to walk into it, running errands, cooking interesting meals that we enjoy outdoors at times but usually at our little table by the window, watching the heifers grow fat as they are carrying little unborn calves, smiling at the happiness of my husband because he loves farming so much, smiling at myself because I'm loving it too, hearing the distant train late night, early morning, afternoon and marveling how that sound can still be such a comfort since childhood, helping restore to new life 80 year old wood floors, slowly giving up the wearing of shoulder pads,tearing up because I know how much I am loved and how much I love, happy laughter, awesome moments, making beautiful plans together while realizing that if they don't come to pass I am content even then, and fear of God when I know the disappointment I have been and fear of God knowing full well His holiness, love and forgiveness to His misbehaving children who are also His greatest joy! (This will only make sense if you understand "fear of God").


Vern purchased a used swather a couple of days ago and the man has been in "heaven"! I am so happy and excited for him and it is such fun to watch him cleaning it up with a bucket and mop no less! Loving that I'm interested and happy and am taking pictures for our memory book. I love asking questions, learning and enjoying this life on a small farm. To many it's small, but nearly 130 acres seems pretty big to me! Never run out of things to do, for sure.


We take time out to enjoy friends and family. In fact, have a couple of trips planned for this fall...late Sept/early Oct heading into Idaho and eastern WA, then early to mid-October northern Oregon and southern WA. In August though, we have plans this coming week to attend a "destruction derby", baseball game and a night at the rodeo and perhaps a musical stage play. Recently, we made a couple of trips to a quaint community just a couple of hours away and found a painting on canvas that resembled one of my granddaughters so much, it could have been her! We purchased it and will present it to her soon.


Will post a few pictures...hope you enjoy!




No comments: