Friday, September 14, 2007

JUST BITS & PIECES





As planned, I did find a great spot for my beautiful new dishes! Thanks, Linn! She also gave me a great idea that I implemented this morning. I removed all spices from a cabinet, and arranged them alphabetically in the door rack of my pantry! So easy to see and reach! That inspired me to make one of our favorite snacks, pictured above. Pour 14 ozs of oyster crackers into a jar with lid. In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of olive oil and 1 tsp each of dill weed, lemon pepper and garlic salt. Pour over the crackers and turn the jar every direction you can think of! Then, for the next couple of days, turn several times a day! Delicious! This recipe from my lifelong friend and "sister", Linda. Thanks, girlfriends, for your great ideas! If you have any helpful suggestions, recipes or organization ideas, please post a comment. I'll look them over and post unique and unusual ideas and tasty sounding recipes. My hubby works VERY early several times a month. I purchased a second coffe maker at a discount store and program it to come on at o' dark thirty! He loves having a fresh cup of coffee to get him started! Can you tell red is my favorite color? :-) Then, my KitchenAid is so heavy, it would "chatter" when I tried to slide it out to use. This set off our dog Murphy with great "warning, danger, unusual noise" barking! So, I folded a small towel (red) under it and now it easily slides out for use. Ruined Murphy's protective instincts! And in closing!...had a large wicker serving tray that I couldn't find a spot for, so just hung it on the wall! Hope you try the snack recipe...let me know how you like it! Am trying out a Rachael Ray recipe for dinner tonight...called Noodle Bowls. Sounds similar to what I tried and enjoyed while in China this past spring. Will let you know! Gertie

No comments: